Can I say that I’m a day late and a buck short… again? First I’m late to the Kirsten Kimono tee party. Now I’m not 1, not 2 but 3 months late in thanking the 2 lovely sewists that have nominated me for a Liebster Award. My first award was from the super funny, pizza loving Mads from Life in a “Mads” House in early April. My second award came a few week later from speedy, sewing super woman Aleah from No Time To Sew.
In case you’re wondering, yes, these are my 2 followers I keep referring to. LOL J/K. I have more than 2 followers but definitely under the 500 followers per the The Liebster Award rules send on down from the blogger gods.
Since I’m sure everyone who hasn’t been hiding under a rock is already aware of the award, rules, questions, nominations yadda, yadda… Let’s begin.
Questions from Mads:
1. How long have you been blogging, and why did you start? I started my blog about 7 months ago in Dec ’13. I started it because for some reason I thought I didn’t have enough to do. Soooo much free time between buying a house, moving, the holidays, birthdays, traveling, working a full time job, selling a house, tending to a vineyard… Yeah. Sure. Blogging is quick and easy doesn’t take any time at all.. right.
2. What is one hobby you’ve always wanted to take up, but haven’t? I’m a hobby addict. I love them all and have tried many of them at least once. The one that has eluded me is stain glass. I bought a how to video one time and decided I don’t like cuts and dodging chards of glass.
3. Which real person (past or present) is your hero or inspiration, and why? I find all of the sewing bloggers pretty inspiring. I just love seeing the great creations coming out of sewing rooms all over the world. If I don’t have time to sew, I can at least live vicariously through them.
4. What’s the one thing you’ve made that you’re the most embarrassed of or never use/wear? I have a wadder that is awaiting a second life or at least I should put it out of its misery and trash it. It was Silhouette Pattern #185 Elie’s Top. The front looked ok but the back was tragic. There are pleats in the center back seam. HORIZONTAL PLEATS!! Like scales down my back. Not a good look. EVER.
5. How do you reconcile your online persona with the “real” you, and how do you choose what NOT to share on your blog? I didn’t know that I have an online persona. Though the “real” me does keep my sewing blog a deep, dark secret from my IRL friends and family. Why is this? What am I hiding??
6. What is one thing that others might be surprised to learn about you? I was once a refugee without a home. Now I’m living in a home with a back yard vineyard. The American Dream is alive and well.
7. If you could only listen to one album for an entire year, which one would it be? Aim and Ignite by fun.. Love those guys. I never get tired of singing loudly and badly to their songs.
8. As far as you are concerned, what is the rudest thing ever? LA drivers. Ha! Each and every one of them, myself included. Why do we drive like @$$holes?
9. What’s one thing you wish you were better at? Probably swimming. I learned to swim late in life and still consider myself more of a drowner than a swimmer. The short legged Bassett Hound is surely not going to save me.
10. What’s on your ideal pizza? What a pizza question from Mads?! Who would have thought. I love the CPK Thai Chicken Pizza. It’s foofoo, pretentious pizza. So California. I also secretly love the Little Caesar’s Deep Dish Pizza. For $8 you get a thick, crunchy, so many crusty edges goodness. ::drool::
11. How are you? (Seriously–I want to know!) I’m super duper. Life is great. Thanks for asking.
BONUS QUESTION: True or False: “Clue” is one of the best movies of all time. True. What other answer did you expect from Detective Houndstooth?
Questions from Aleah
I didn’t get any questions from Aleah, so I’m also playing fast and loose with the rules also and just moving onto my nominees.
Drum Roll Please
I nominate the 10 bloggers below for a Liebster Award. My apologies if you have more than 500 followers and my 10 sec of research failed me. These ladies and gentlemen are the bloggers that get me excited when I see their post in my Bloglovin’ reading list.
- Crafted by Carrie
- Life of a Fairy Bra Mother
- Made By Julianne
- Sewing in Surf City
- Tiger Feet
- Aft Agley
- A Sewing Life
- Bobbins Bikes and Blades
- Oh Crafty One
- Honorary mentions to Brown Paper Patterns, Life in A “Mads” House and No Time To Sew. I thought re-nominating these gals would create a riff in the space, time continuum.
Questions from Me:
- Serger thread vs sewing thread, who would win in a bare knuckle fight?
- What are you wearing? Geez people. Don’t make that question out to be creepy. It’s a sewing blog for goodness’ sake.
- If you were a fabric, which fabric would you be?
- Which team are you on? Team Pins or Team No Pins?
- If you were to invent any sewing notion, machine, accessory etc, what would it be? Yes, all your answers will be property of Detective Houndstooth and I will not share the millions I’ll be making from your my ideas.
- Which sewing “rule”(s) do you enjoy breaking the most?
- Which takes you longer sewing an item or blogging about that sewn item?
- How many times have you sewn a sleeve into a neckline? Common be honest, we’re all friends here.
- If you were to come up with a fictitious sewing pattern line that would be nominated for “Most Likely to Fail”, what would it be? Ex. Hats patterns for your cactus.
- Truth or Myth: Stashes multiply like Gremlins if you get water on them?